Friday 25 May 2012

OUGD203// End of Module Self Evaluation..


OUGD203 End of Module Self Evaluation



1// what skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?



I feel as though I have developed many skills throughout this module that I can now build on over my final year. One very important skill that I have learnt is collaboration and how important it is to work with other creative’s to come up with a solution to a design problem.



Working with Lisa and a third year Vis Com student during the YCN brief helped me build on my team working skills and ability to communicate and have responsibility when working with others.



I have also developed my design skills and ability to select and analyse pieces of work to help with idea development and final solutions to problems.





2// What approaches to/ methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?



My illustration skills have improved over the course of the module and this can be seen throughout the YCN brief and into Product, Range and Distribution. I am getting better at creating designs using the pen tool, which before I struggled with.





3// What strengths can you identify in your work and how will you capitalise on these?



My strengths within this module have been my illustration, I can now continue to build on these skills into third year as it is something I really enjoy doing. I just need to find more time to do more illustration.



I now also have a better understanding of how branding works and how to create a successful campaign for something. The Heinz Salad Cream YCN campaign was my favourite to work on during this module as I felt I tried the hardest and got the most out of it.



I will continue to investigate into branding throughout third year as this is something that I am wanting to continue in as a professional.



4// What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?



My weakness has probably been my time management as usual. I have not been as efficient as I could be due to laziness and being unorganised. I have also missed a lot of time off uni and then I have had to catch up which means I have not done as much work as I should have and would have liked to.



I think that this has been the case all year so I hope that by third year I will have learnt my lesson.



5// Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?



1// Make sure I do my blogging as and when necessary and not last minute which then does not give me enough time to do a substantial and worthwhile amount.



2// Manage my time better; this is a huge downfall for me. I always leave things to the last minute and seriously need to learn from this pretty soon.



3// Be more creative. Even though I have tried new things during this module I still don’t feel like I have pushed myself past any boundaries.



4// Evaluate my work more and gain feedback from my peers. During this module I failed to attend quite a few crits which means I have been unable to gain feedback about my work therefore leading to not being able to develop my work accordingly. I must try to get as much feedback as possible to help improve my work.



5// Try harder. I don’t feel I have worked as hard as I could of in this module. There are many things that I wish I had done but failed to. It has got to the point where I have really realised that by third year I must be willing to put my life into my work.









Attendance: 3

Punctuality: 3

Motivation: 4

Commitment: 3

Quantity of work produced: 3

Quality of work produced: 4

Contribution to the group: 3


No comments:

Post a Comment