Tuesday 1 May 2012

OUGD203// Concept development workshop..

26/04/12

Today we had a workshop where we were looking at the fundamentals of concept development. This workshop is based upon the chosen briefs that I have been looking at to work with throughout this second half of the module. The workshop involved some short writing tasks and brainstorming in relation to what I want to achieve with the self initiated brief.

- 5 things I want to do
- 5 things I need to do
- 5 reasons why
- Personal skills I want to develop
- Practical skills I want to develop
- Processes I want to investigate
- Products I want to produce
- Contexts to explore

-------------------


5 THINGS I WANT TO DO//

- Hand crafted designs (paper crafting)
- Image based design/ Illustration
- Create both print and digital designs
- Introduce branding and identity into my brief
- Create advertising campaigns/ promotional design

5 THINGS I NEED TO DO//

- Research into methods of advertising campaigns and branding
- Ways in which to engage with varied target audiences, best methods of communication
- Look into methods of deliverables and their best met purposes
- Experiment with different products, ranges and deliverables appropriate to my target audience
- Continuously evaluate my work and progress to see if I can make improvements


5 REASONS WHY//


- I love creating hand crafted designs, but it can be very time consuming, I want to make time
- I have a strong interest in branding and identity and feel that it would be good practice to try and include it within my brief where appropriate
- Extensive research will help me undertsand the subject of the brief, which will have a huge impact on my final deliverables
- I need to start experimenting with new methods of delivery to broaden my skill set and knowledge
- I am very print based at the moment, I need more experience of working digitally to challenge myself


PERSONAL SKILLS I WANT TO DEVELOP//


- My time management and organisation.
- Confidence in myself to try new things
- The ability to engage more with my work and try harder


PRACTICAL SKILLS I WANT TO DEVELOP//


- Hand crafted design (paper crafting)
- Research methods
- Idea generation and practice of communicating


PROCESSES I WANT TO INVESTIGATE//


- Paper crafting
- Illustrative design, mainly vector based
- Book binding


PRODUCTS I WANT TO PRODUCE//


- Some kind of binded book
- Packaging
- A series of branded products
- An advertising campaign, including posters, flyers etc


CONTEXTS TO EXPLORE//


- Advertising campaigns
- Unusual packaging
- Image based, Illustrative design within advertising
- Large events promotion


WHAT IS MISSING?//


- The content to deliver
- A problem and a way in which I will solve it


Tasks in for next Thursday 3/5/12:

- 5x each brief, and why I have chosen it
- Analyse briefs in relation to the lists above (not including x5 things [top 3] questions
- Write my own brief, concept pitch for next week







No comments:

Post a Comment